Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Two Weeks Old

James is two weeks old today! Today was a big day. We had our two week follow-up appointment with the pediatrician, and James has gained back all the weight he lost when we were in the hospital. He is now back to his birth weight, gaining a whopping pound in the past two weeks! He also grew an inch and is 22 inches long now. Today was also the day we had to say goodbye to Grandma Sheryl. We got to keep her here for an extra day due to KCI being shut down yesterday due to the ice storm, but it was still hard to say goodbye. She was a HUGE help to all of us the past three weeks.

James' second week of life included a visit from our friends Emily and Justin and their son Nikolas and his newborn photo shoot. The photos are too cute for words, and I'll be able to share some of them soon!

This whole experience continues to amaze me. I truly feel like I was born to be this little boy's mother. It is hard to explain, but it just feels *right* to me. It is amazing what the human body is capable of; that I created another human being, and that my body alone continues to sustain this little boy. I find great joy when I look into his eyes, which are becoming more expressive each day. And you can't help but smile when he grins (even though it is usually due to gas or a full tummy). I'm guessing it only going to get better...

No comments: