Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Birthdays take on a whole new meaning once you've been through a birth. I wonder if my parents think back on that day, 28 years ago, that I was born. What do they remember? Do they remember all the details, what the weather was like, what they were wearing, what time they went to the hospital? Does my mom remember the pain of it all, or is all that overshadowed by those last couple minutes before I arrived, of the moment when the doctor said, "It's a girl!"? I wonder what I'll remember of James' birth 28 years from now.

The start of year 28 is pretty good. We went to breakfast this morning, and the rest of the day was spent hanging out with my two favorite guys at home. I got a Garmin GPS from Chris and a massage from James. My parents got me a gift card for new clothes (yay! I'm down a pant size from a month ago...only two more to go), and a contribution to the cleaning lady fund from Chris' parents (I love that Chris finally came around and we aren't spending our weekends cleaning). I'm excited to see what this year will bring. Last year will be pretty hard to top, but I'm sure James will continue to bring endless joy and fun to our lives. And Chris just told me I have two more years until I'm old. You aren't old until you're 30.

No comments: