Monday, October 13, 2008

Edwards Orchard II

Remember this, taken last year at Edwards Orchard? (Good grief, I was huge!)

Well, the orchard was hit by a tornado in January, but they have fully rebuilt and it looks exactly the same (if not better). We went this weekend, taking advantage of the 80 degree weather, with our friends Emily, Justin, Nikolas, Shanna, Ben and Ryan (you'll remember we took swim lessons with them as well). Lots of apple stuff (caramel apples, apple cider, apple pie, apple cider donuts) was eaten, and we even went out into the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins which are now sitting on our porch (although James enjoyed eating all the stuff off the ground more than the pumpkins). I think we've started a tradition!

Thank you to everyone who sent me some get well soon wishes! I'm feeling much better and I'm on my way to a full recovery. I returned to work on Friday (too much to do), and I go to see the surgeon for a post-op appointment on Wednesday. Good riddance, appendix!

No comments: